Have you heard of the Empath Lightworker?
This type of being is a Lightworker who also identifies as an Empath and chooses this route when doing their lightwork.
Some people say that all Empaths are Lightworkers, but actually, the two types are very different. However, they are not necessarily exclusive.
What Is An Empath?
An Empath is somebody who is acutely attuned to the emotional states of the people who are around them.
They feel it so strongly that they actually feel the emotions themselves from the point of view of the person feeling them.
They see the world through an entirely different set of perspectives to the rest of us.
While most of us see through our own eyes, Empaths see through the experiences of others. They are highly attuned to others emotional needs.
It isn’t just limited to emotions, though. Empaths often experience the physical pain of others, as well as having incredible insight into thought processes and intentions.
They have a more complete picture of social situations and relationships because of this.
However, an Empath and an HSP is not the same thing.
An HSP is a highly sensitive person who has a lot of empathy, but there is a difference between having a lot of empathy and being a true Empath.
The key is that an HSP will be sensitive to more than just emotions, but will be less sensitive to emotions than a true Empath.
What Is A Lightworker?
A Lightworker’s purpose is to help humanity awaken here on Earth and elevate us to a higher dimension of consciousness.
Their mission is to spread the ideas of oneness and a holistic approach to the self.
It is important to remind people that they are not physical beings – we are all spiritual beings that are living on the physical plane.
Lightworkers are guided by ancient higher wisdom towards people who need to be shown love and light.
The right messages have a habit of finding their way to the right people at the right time through the process of synchronicity.
By accepting this important role, they are able to reach out and expand the consciousness of the people who need it most.
Along the way they expand their own consciousness, unlocking power that hibernates within them.
Life is not necessarily easy for the Lightworker, though.
In fact, life tends to throw obstacle after obstacle at them in order to help drive their spiritual journey.
This prepares them for the life of service to the greater good that they signed up for in their last incarnation.
In practice, this means that they often experience loss, trauma, grief, illness, and depression at various points in their lives.
By learning to deal with these difficulties themselves, they are better equipped to help those going through similar experiences heal from them.
If you look at all the most experienced Lightworkers, the ones who have been guiding people for decades, not a single one of them has lived a life free of tragedy.
The reason behind this should be clear.
Can You Be An Empath & Lightworker?
Yes, you can be both an Empath and a Lightworker. In fact, this is one of the many specializations you can take on as a Lightworker.
Empaths are well equipped for lightwork because they are so in tune with the emotions of others.
Half of the battle when you are in a difficult place is in making someone else understand what you are going through, and an Empath will always understand.
But just because you are one does not mean you are the other.
Empaths naturally want to help people, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are Lightworkers – there are plenty of normal people who also want to help others.
That being said, most Empaths do tend to be Lightworkers.
It’s the other way around that correlates less as there are far more types of Lightworkers and not all of them are also Empaths.
Empath & Lightworker Traits
Do you want to know if you fit the bill for an Empath or a Lightworker?
Empaths show many of the following traits:
– You feel the emotions of others as if they were your own.
– Overwhelming, sudden bursts of emotion that don’t seem to make any sense.
– Nothing is more important in a social situation than the feeling in the room. You can’t stand a bad vibe.
– You have an intuitive understanding of how people operate.
– You are seen as someone good to go to for guidance.
– You are deeply affected by tragic news, even if it is only on the TV.
– You have the softest of soft spots for pets, animals, and babies.
– You suffer from sympathy illness, where someone else getting ill makes you feel ill.
– Intimate relationships are challenging for you because of the intensity of emotion involved.
– Nobody can get a lie past you, not even the people that know you best.
– Selfish behavior baffles you. It doesn’t make sense to you why someone would put themselves before the needs of others.
– You have been described as a calming presence, especially for those with anxiety.
– When you see someone hurting, you can think of nothing else but healing them.
Lightworkers show many of the traits for Empaths, but also show the following characteristics:
– You have a deep urge to help others when they are in need.
– You feel connected to your higher self and intuition.
– You know the truths of the spirit world and the ethereal aspects of life.
– You are committed to the spiritual journey and live for personal development.
– You have faith in yourself and others.
– You have strong powers of manifestation.
Being both an Empath and a Lightworker is a big responsibility.
If you think this is you, then you should seek a community for guidance on how to move forward.
The key is always in your connections with other people.
Seeing a group of like-minded individuals put their soul mission first will help you in those difficult times where you might stray from the path.